Wow. It’s already the end of Round 2. Where is the year going? I swear it was March just yesterday. Okay, not really. It was over 95 yesterday…
SO let’s check in on the goals I set for this round and what my actual accomplishments were.
I said I would…
- Post at least twice a week on my blog. Yeah…not so much. I’m not sure I even checked in every week during this Round. There’s been a lot going on, including adding a teenager to our household, so I’m not real worried about it.
- Write at least 20 out of 30 days. I did this, but barely. May included a lot of getting ready for said teenager and a fair amount of plotting. Not near as much prose as I’ve become accustomed to. But I did make it!
- Do another round of Whole 30. This was epic fail. We kept trying to start and kept having social events that did not in any way shape or form fit into this kind of challenge. So that’s on the list for after July 4th.
- Finish Sooper Seekrit Project Books 2 and 3. I did knock out Book 2 (Which came in at 72230 words) and I’m currently 25k into another Wishful novel. It wasn’t even on the schedule for this year, but Book 3 of Sooper Seekrit Project hasn’t gelled for me yet, so rather than force it, I pushed the publication of that trilogy back to sometime this fall and dove into a story with characters who WERE talking.
- Get my new website launched. This, I am happy to say, was an absolute success. I gave up trying to bend Cloudpress to my will and found another theme with the ability to modify the elements I needed to. I’m quite happy with the end result.
What were my accomplishments?
- I ultimately wrote 103,203 words from April to yesterday. I actually did the April Round of CampNaNo and cranked out 53k in 24 days (trying to finish before we left for vacation). Of that total, 16,789 were plotting, which made for just over 86k in actual prose. And yeah, that’s nothing to sneeze at.
- Finished Sooper Seekrit Project Book 2 and did first pass revisions. Sent to Awesome Editor.
- Did some initial plotting on SSP Book 3.
- Did some serious revision plotting on SSP Book 1, which I got notes back on from Awesome Editor (yet another reason I’m pushing this trilogy back. It needs more work than I’d originally hoped.)
- Plotted and have half written Wishful Book 6, which is Tucker’s story.
I’m pretty pleased with all of that and looking forward to a successful Round 3.
Those are amazing achievements; well done. I did April CampNaNo too and am probably going to do July, even if it’s unofficial since I am editing anyway. I find it a useful motivation.
Awesome progress, Kait! Love the new website, by the way. 🙂
AWESOME WORK! Especially the words! Holy hell, I wish I could do that!