I’ve got a 225 page document full of legalese to plow through for the Evil Day Job today, so it’s just a quick post of my top 10 (in no particular order) ways to procrastinate during working hours.
- Twitter: I’m late to the Twitter movement, but it’s strangely addictive.
- Checking blog stats
- Actually blogging at one of my 3 active blogs
- IMing (usually on GoogleTalk)
- Checking email (not that I necessarily have to respond to all of it, but I’m compulsive about checking it, and I get a lot.
- Reading other people’s blogs in my Bloglines.
- Hanging out at Mission: Accountability with my girls.
- Sneaking in my words for the day (aided by the fabulous Dropbox).
- Dealing with my various and sundry online classes. I’d much rather do it while I’m here than at home.
dude, I’m constantly checking my blogstats. What’s up with that? i think I like knowing people are watching…same thing with Twitter.
Oh there’s always a component to measuring popularity. I’m a featured publisher on Foodbuzz (with my cooking blog) and so I often get friend requests over there, and I LOVE it because it totally gives me this charge of “They like me. They really like me!”